Counter Culture Bible Study Book includes six sessions with DVD teaching outlines, small group discussion guides, applicable Scripture, individual study, and practical application. The Bible is clear on a number of issues:
- Who God is—the holy, just, and gracious Creator of the universe
- Who we are—men and women created in the image of God for our good and for God's glory
- Who Christ is and what He has done—His life, death, and resurrection
- What it means to follow Christ—to die to ourselves and to live in Him
- Why this matters for eternity—heaven and hell are at stake in our response to the gospel
So how do these truths affect how we respond to the social issues of our day—realities such as poverty, slavery, abortion, sexual immorality, the degradation of marriage, the neglect of orphans and widows, racism, and persecution?
David Platt believes that the truths of the gospel should compel us to a contrite, compassionate, and courageous personal response to social issues in the culture. Using biblical foundations, practical illustrations, and personal exhortations, this study is a pointed yet winsome call for readers to faithfully follow Christ in countercultural ways. There will be a cost. There will be a reward. Do Christians in the contemporary church have the courage to counter the culture?
- Biblically rooted and gospel-centered content
- Leader material (guides to questions, general leadership, etc.)
- Personal study segments
- Understand timeless biblical truth as the lens through which you view current events and trends.
- Equip group members to share what they believe in a compassionate yet uncompromising way.
- Gain clarity and confidence on our culture's most controversial issues.
- Inspire your group members to take action and live out their faith.