Kirkland Signature Original Flavor Uncoated Nicotine Polacrilex Gum is part of a Nicotine Replacement Therapy. Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) is designed to wean your body off cigarettes. It helps regulate, control and gradually reduce your body's cravings for nicotine.
How To Use Nicotine Polacrilex Gum
If you are under 18 years of age, ask a doctor before use. Before you can use Nicotine Polacrilex Gum correctly, you have to practice! That sounds silly, but it isn’t. Nicotine Polacrilex Gum isn’t like ordinary chewing gum. It’s a medicine, and must be chewed a certain way to work right. Chewed like ordinary gum, Nicotine Polacrilex Gum won’t work well and can cause side effects. An overdose can occur if you chew more than one piece of Nicotine Polacrilex Gum at the same time, or if you chew many pieces one after another. Read all instructions prior to using Nicotine Polacrilex Gum.
1. Begin using Nicotine Polacrilex Gum on your quit day.
2. To reduce craving and other withdrawal symptoms, use Nicotine Polacrilex Gum according to the dosage schedule provided in the leaflet.
3. Chew each Nicotine Polacrilex Gum piece very slowly several times.
4. Stop chewing when you notice a peppery taste, or a slight tingling in your mouth. (This usually happens after about 15 chews, but may vary from person to person.)
5. "PARK" the Nicotine Polacrilex Gum piece between your cheek and gum, and leave it there.
6. When the peppery taste or tingle is almost gone (in about a minute), start to chew a few times slowly again. When the taste or tingle returns, stop again.
7. Park the Nicotine Polacrilex Gum piece again (in a different place in your mouth).
8. Repeat steps 3 to 7 (chew, chew, park) until most of the nicotine is gone from the Nicotine Polacrilex Gum piece (usually happens in about half an hour; the peppery taste or tingle won't return.)
9. Wrap the used Nicotine Polacrilex Gum piece in paper and throw away in the trash.